All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's ecomy is fueled by kwledge. Every leader kws this to be true, yet few have systematic methods for converting organizational kwledge into ecomic value. This book argues that communities of practice--groups of individuals formed around common interests and expertise--provide the ideal vehicle for driving kwledge-management strategies and building lasting competitive advantage. Written by leading experts in the field, Cultivating Communities of Practice is the first book to outline models and methods for systematically developing these essential groups. Through compelling research and company examples, including DaimlerChrysler, McKinsey & Company, Shell, and the World Bank, authors Etienne Wenger, Richard McDermott, and William M. Snyder show how world-class organizations have leveraged communities of practice to drive strategy, generate new business opportunities, solve problems, transfer best practices, develop employees' professional skills, and recruit and retain top talent. Underscoring the new central role communities of practice are playing in today's kwledge ecomy, Cultivating Communities of Practice is the definitive guide to fostering, designing, and developing these powerful groups within and across organizations.
- Author BiographyEtienne Wenger is a renowned expert and consultant on knowledge management and communities of practice in San Juan, California.
- Author(s)Etienne Wenger,Richard A. McDermott,William Snyder
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight634 g
- Width162 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.