All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe way to inner peace is illuminated in this accessible guide to tending one's inner landscape. The lives of outstanding figures such as the Buddha, Walt Whitman, and Gandhi are used to connect the ideal of inner peace with how real people cultivate peace in their everyday lives. Peacefulness as dynamic, selective, and egoless is shown through the constructive act of choosing different ways of life, such as having a smaller family or a more modest career. A message of hope and inspiration permeates this pragmatic approach and is exemplified by the author's own practice of meditation.
- Author BiographyPaul R. Fleischman, MD, is the author of The Buddha Taught Nonviolence, Not Pacifism, The Healing Spirit, Karma and Chaos, and Spiritual Aspects of Psychiatric Practice. He has contributed to Landscape, Nature, and The Yale Review. In 1993 he was awarded the Oskar Pfister Award by the American Psychiatric Association for his writing. He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Paul R. Fleischman,William Radice
- PublisherPariyatti Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Press
- Weight394 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.