Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAdvancing work to effectively study, understand, and serve the fastest growing U.S. ethnic mirity population, this volume explicitly emphasizes the racial and ethnic diversity within this heterogeneous cultural group. The focus is on the complex historical roots of contemporary Lati/as, their diversity in skin-color and physiogmy, racial identity, ethnic identity, gender differences, immigration patterns, and acculturation. The work highlights how the complexities inherent in the diverse Lati/a experience, as specified throughout the topics covered in this volume, become critical elements of culturally responsive and racially conscious mental health treatment approaches. By addressing the complexities, within-group differences, and racially heterogeneity characteristic of U.S. Lati/as, this volume makes a significant contribution to the literature related to mental health treatments and interventions.
- Author BiographyHector Y. Adames, Psy.D. received his doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology at Wright State University and completed his internship at the Boston University School of Medicine's Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology (CMTP). He is an Associate Professor at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology and a practicing Neuropsychologist. Nayeli Y. Chavez-Duenas, Ph.D. received her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. She is an Associate Professor at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, where she leads a graduate concentration program in Latino/a mental health. She is a practicing Clinical Psychologist.
- Author(s)Hector Y. Adames,Nayeli Y. Chavez-Duenas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleExplorations in Mental Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.