All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether traveling abroad or working at home, business people routinely face challenges when it comes to understanding the culture of others. When misunderstandings occur, relationships suffer. The good news is that cultivating cultural intelligence is a skill that can be learned, and Brooks Peterson tells you how. Packed with dozens of engaging stories, case examples and humorous contemporary cartoons, Cultural Intelligence is the perfect antidote for overcoming cross-cultural differences, improving workplace communication, building solid business relationships and contributing positively to your organization's bottom line. More than 15,000 people have used the Peterson Cultural Style Indicator. Here, Dr Peterson defines what cultural intelligence is and explores the skills and characteristics required to work effectively with international clients, customers and business partners - or inside any team, department or organization with a rich mix of cultural perspectives. Using a set of twenty business-oriented dimensions, the author helps you examine your own cultural style and determine that of others in six vital areas: management, strategy, planning, personnel, communication and reasoning. The crowning piece is a powerful set of key action steps for increasing your own cultural intelligence.
- Author BiographyBrooks Peterson is founder and president of Across Cultures Inc., an international consulting firm serving global leaders. An experienced cross-cultural trainer, researcher and graduate-level educator, he has lived and traveled extensively around the world and now lives and works in Minneapolis. He is the creator of a variety of tools and resources for internationally focused businesspeople, including the widely used Peterson Cultural Syle Indicator.
- Author(s)Brooks Peterson
- PublisherNicholas Brealey Publishing
- Date of Publication04/01/2004
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntercultural Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.