All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Bell and Kate Oakley survey the major debates emerging in cultural policy research, adopting an approach based on spatial scale to explore cultural policy in cities, nations and internationally. They contextualise these discussions with an exploration of what both 'culture' and 'policy' mean when they are joined together as cultural policy. Drawing on topical examples and contemporary research, as well as their own experience in both academia and in consultancy, Bell and Oakley urge readers to think critically about the project of cultural policy as it is currently being played out around the world. Cultural Policy is a comprehensive and readable book that provides a lively, up-to-date overview of key debates in cultural policy, making it ideal for students of media and cultural studies, creative and cultural industries, and arts management.
- Author BiographyDavid Bell is Senior Lecturer in Critical Human Geography at the University of Leeds. Kate Oakley is Professor of Cultural Policy at the University of Leeds.
- Author(s)Kate Oakley,Mr David Bell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Ideas in Media & Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white halftones
- Weight81 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.