Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides an accessible overview of cultural tourism in southern Africa. It examines the utilisation of culture in southern African tourism and the related impacts, possibilities and challenges from deep and wide-ranging perspectives. The chapters use case studies to showcase some of the cultural tourism which occurs in the region and link to concepts such as authenticity, commodification, the tourist gaze and 'Otherness', heritage, sustainability and sustainable livelihoods. The authors scrutinise both positive and negative impacts of cultural tourism throughout the book and explore issues including the definition of community, ethical considerations, empowerment, gender, participation and inequality. The book will be a useful resource for students and researchers of tourism, geography, anthropology and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyHaretsebe Manwa is Associate Professor at North-West University, South Africa. Her research encompasses tourism and poverty alleviation, wildlife tourism, community-based tourism and cultural tourism. Naomi Moswete is Senior Lecturer at the University of Botswana. Her interests include tourism as a strategy for rural development, community-based natural resources management and trans-frontier park-based tourism. Jarkko Saarinen is Professor at the University of Oulu, Finland and the University of Johannesburg, South Africa. His research interests include tourism and development, sustainability and tourism-community relations.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Series Part/Volume Number47
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight433 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHaretsebe Manwa,Jarkko Saarinen,Naomi Moswete
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.