All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionOur conception of cultures and cultural change has altered dramatically in recent decades; longer do we understand cultures as isolated units, but rather as hybrid formations constantly engaged in a multidirectional process of exchange and influence with other cultures. Yet the very process by which we represent these cultural transfers is itself subject to cultural, political, and ideological conditions that affect our understanding, ackwledgment, and representation of them. Built around concrete examples of controversial representations of cultural transfer from Asia, the Arab world, and Europe, Cultural Transfers in Dispute presents a critical self-reflection on the scholarly practices that underpin our attempts to study and describe other cultures.
- Author BiographyJorg Feuchter is a researcher and lecturer in the Department of History at Humboldt-University in Berlin. Friedhelm Hoffmann is a researcher at the Zentrum Moderner Orient in Berlin. Bee Yun is assistant professor in the Department of Political Science and Diplomacy at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul.
- PublisherCampus Verlag
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCampus Verlag
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBee Yun,Friedhelm Hoffmann,Jorg Feuchter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.