All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Transmission covers psychological, developmental, social, and methodological research on how cultural information is socially transmitted from one generation to the next within families. Studying processes of cultural transmission may help analyze the continuity or change of cultures, including those that have to cope with migration or the collapse of a political system. An evolutionary perspective is elaborated in the first part of the book; the second takes a cross-cultural perspective by presenting international research on development and intergenerational relations in the family; the third provides intra-cultural analyses of mechanisms and methodological aspects of cultural transmission. Made up of contributions by experts in the field, this source book is intended for anyone with interests in cultural issues - especially researchers and teachers in disciplines such as psychology, social and behavioral sciences, and education - and for applied professionals in culture management and family counseling, as well as professionals dealing with migrants.
- Author BiographyUte Schonpflug is a member of the Free University of Berlin's Department of Psychology and Adjunct Member of the Institute of Cognitive Science at the University of Colorado. She is also Associate Editor of the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology and is author of Psychologie des Erst- und Zweitspracherwerbs (Psychology of First and Second Language Acquisition).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCulture and Psychology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byUte Schonpflug
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.