All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifty-six essays in this book present cultural reflections on the gospel reading assigned for each Sunday in Cycle A of the Roman Lectionary. Each essay highlights aspects of the first-century, Eastern Mediterranean cultural world in which Jesus lived and suggests across-cultural comparison with contemporary Western culture. With this background information, readers can make more fitting applications of the Scripture to modern life situations. Used as an aid in preaching, Lectionary-based catechesis, Scripture study, or for the interest and kwledge it brings, The Cultural World of Jesus will add form and substance to your understanding of the Word that dwelt among us.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Pilch, PhD, is professor of theology at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. He is author of numerous articles and books, including ,Visions and Healing in Acts of the Apostles: How the Early Believers Experienced God(Liturgical Press, 2004). He is a member of the Catholic Biblical Association of America and the International Society for Shamanistic Research, among other professional organizations.
- Author(s)John J. Pilch
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1995
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.