Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHow does culture shape history, and history shape culture? This book answers this question by bringing readers on a fascinating journey through the evolution of Chinese culture, political and legal institutions, and national character of historical and contemporary China. It illustrates how national character evolves endogeusly along with an institutional environment through the use of ecomic theories. Recognizing the unique role of personality in violence and social order - important variables that contribute to successful ecomies, the book provides a meaningful take on personality from the average personality of a country's people. It analyses the relationship between culture, institution and national character , providing gainful, interesting insights into the monumental transformation of China.
- Author BiographyC. Simon Fan is Professor at the Department of Economics at Lingnan University, Hong Kong.
- Author(s)C. Simon Fan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Modern World Economy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.