Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith great care and judicious inclusion of teworthy material, Gunde has provided a one-stop reference on the contributions of the Chinese and their way of life. In one volume, the essence of China-past and present-is brilliantly captured. The extensive coverage includes chapters on the land, history, and people; thought and religion; literature and art; music and dance; food and clothing; architecture and housing; family and gender; and holidays and leisure activities. The volume is further enhanced by a chrology, guide to pronunciation, glossary, suggested readings, numerous photos, and volume map. China is ever-important on the global stage as the world's second-largest and most populous country. Up-to-date and written with warmth, eloquence, and authority, Culture and Customs of China will be a popular source for students and the interested reader seeking to understand the modern people and culture in the context of an ancient history.
- Author BiographyRICHARD GUNDE is the assistant director of the Center for Chinese Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He was the associate editor of the journal Modern China for more than 20 years.
- Author(s)Richard Gunde
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCultures and Customs of the World
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.