All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionCulture and Organizational Behaviour is a textbook for management studies that highlights the effect of the confluence of Western and Indian cultural influences. It adheres to the syllabi of the organizational behaviour courses followed in most major universities and management institutes. The book presents basic kwledge of organizational behaviour as developed in the West, adds to these the latest global research findings, and situates them in the Indian cultural perspective. It also highlights the issues that emanate from the interface of the Indian culture and organizational behaviour. Key Features: - Contains updated case studies from Indian organizations - Focuses on current and emerging strategies in organizational structures, leadership, power and politics - Covers topics like balancing work and other responsibilities, power and politics, and conflict and negotiation, which, though extremely crucial to organizational behaviour, have perhaps t got due attention in the existing literature - Presents the relatively unexplored effects of Indian culture on organizational behaviour. Provides a platform where both theoretical and practical issues can be addressed by managers, researchers, students and teachers alike.
- Author BiographyJai B.P. Sinha is Professor, Psychology and Management at the ASSERT Institute of Management Studies, Patna. He has a long-standing career of over 40 years in research and teaching. He is an authority on cultural influences on organizational behaviour. He taught psychology in Bihar, Ranchi, and Patna universities. He was a Visiting Professor at Hunter College, New York, and Wake Forest University, NC (USA), where he taught social psychology. He taught cross-cultural management courses during his tenure as a Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Management, McGill University, Montreal (Canada). In 2005, he was a Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Management at the Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. Professor Sinha is also a well-known writer and has authored several books. His latest publications include Patterns of Work Culture: Cases and Strategies for Culture Building (SAGE 2000), Managing Cultural Diversity for Productivity: The Asian Ways (ed.) (Asian Productivity Organization 2000), and Multinationals in India: Managing the Interface of Cultures (SAGE 2004).
- Author(s)Jai B. P. Sinha
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.