All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a fresh synthesis of relationships between cultural history and politics, from the eve of the Armada to the death of Charles II in 1685. It rejects whiggish and Marxist teleologies that have shaped previous accounts of this subject and emphasises instead the diversity of cultural perspectives available in the period; the role played by concepts of hour, law, divine providence and humanist scholarship; the profound importance of religious tensions in shaping political imagination; and the growing cultural importance of conflict and partisanship during and after the Civil War.
- Author BiographyR. MALCOLM SMUTS is Professor of History at the University of Massachusetts at Boston.
- Author(s)Professor Emeritus R Malcolm Smuts
- Date of Publication29/10/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSocial History in Perspective (St Martins)
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight268 g
- Width139 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.