All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the qualities and properties that make something cultural? What does claiming something as cultural allow us to do? Culture offers students a workable understanding of the category 'culture' and explores how the realm of the 'cultural' can be practically explored as a way of understanding the world. Ben Highmore provides a clear and robust defence of the productivity of cultural analysis in a media saturated world, while also instilling a sense of modesty in qualifying what can and can't be accomplished in the name of cultural analysis. With extensive examples and case studies throughout, the book demonstrates both the productivity and the limitations in orientating analysis to the cultural. A thought-provoking and engaging examination, Culture is an ideal introductory text for students of media and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyBen Highmore is Professor of Cultural Studies at the University of Sussex, UK. He is a key author in cultural studies and his research is broadly concerned with the culture of everyday life. His publications include A Passion for Cultural Studies (2009) and Ordinary Lives: Studies in the Everyday (2011).
- Author(s)Ben Highmore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Ideas in Media & Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white halftones
- Weight480 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.