All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- Description<b>A new collection that captures the austere serenity of the Southwest American desert.</b> Award-winning, Paris-based poet Alice Notley's adventurous new book is inspired by the life of Marie, a woman who resided in the dump outside Notley's hometown in the Southwestern desert of America. In this poetical fantasy, Marie becomes the ultimate artist/poet, composing a codex-calligraphy, writings, paintings, collage-from materials left at the dump. She is a culture of one. The story is told in long-lined, clear-edged poems deliberately stacked so the reader can keep plunging headlong into the events of the book. <i>Culture of One</i> offers further proof of how Notley has freed herself from any single tion of what poetry should be so that she can go ahead and write what poetry can be (<i>The Boston Review</i>).
- Author Biography<b>Alice Notley</b> is a poet whose twenty previous titles include <b>The Descent of Alette, Beginning with a Stain, Homer's Art</b>, and <b>Selected Poems</b>. She wrote the introduction for her late first husband Ted Berrigan's <b>Selected Poems</b>. She lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Alice Notley
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication29/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePoets, Penguin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight204 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.