All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh in Cv's series of Barnaby's Relocation Guides explores the county of Cumbria. Taking a side road from Lancaster the journey begins at Slaidburn in the Lancashire Forest, progressing into Cumbria via Kendal, Windermere, and Keswick; then towards the coast from Maryport and Whitehaven to Barrow-In-Furness and Ulverston, visiting Cleator Moor. The beautiful environment of tarns and fells opens many varied experiences for the traveller. The guide includes information and histories contributed by local specialists..Hill climbs and fell walks are undertaken, recording the rugged and spectacular landscape. Moving rth of Penrith and Carlisle the guide documents the extensive and sparsely populated area of the Kershope Forest, in what was Westmoreland, up to the Scottish border. The guide is fully illustrated with colour photographs and route maps.
- Author BiographyNicholas James studied painting with Frank Auerbach and Keith Vaughan at the Slade, UCL. He formed Cv Publications in 1992 and Cv/Visual Arts Research in 1995. His travel titles include guides to Cornwall. Norfolk and Wiltshire.
- Author(s)N. P. James
- PublisherCV Publications
- Date of Publication22/05/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleBarnaby's Relocation Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCV Publications
- Out-of-print date01/06/2016
- Content Note14 colour ill, route maps
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.