All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe drama of the Cumbrian countryside combined with some of the most magnificent steam locomotives to be found anywhere in Britain. This follow-up to Gordon Edgar's Cumbrian Traction is a collection of the author's own work and that of other eminent railway photographers. The types, classes of locomotive and the operating companies represented are as varied as the landscape, which ranges from the drama of the fells to the windswept coastline, covering the lines radiating through the former counties of Cumberland and Westmorland. Locations include the West Coast Main Line over Shap summit, the Settle-Carlisle, and Maryport and Carlisle lines. The Border City of Carlisle is also covered in detail, with both historic and contemporary scenes at the station, in and around the city and at the latter-day steam motive power depots. Stunning photography and extraordinarily varied landscapes are combined and captured in superb detail in this look at steam in Cumbria.
- Author BiographyThis is the third Amberley book from Gordon Edgar. The first, British Austerity Saddle Tanks, is part of the Railway Archive series and will be published in the spring.
- Author(s)Gordon Edgar
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.