All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIt is common kwledge that many curacies run into difficulties and that this is something people often feel constrained from discussing openly. Curacies and How to Survive Them offers readers the opportunity to listen in on a series of fast-flowing conversations between a psychologist, a theologian and a clergy spouse, which explore frequently occurring dilemmas and challenges. Using fictionalised case studies, collated from the true stories of curates and training incumbents, the book offers principles and strategies for understanding and addressing some common issues. Its emphasis is on the dynamics and psychology of the critical relationship between curates and their training incumbents. Attractively styled in a way reminiscent of the highly successful collaborations between John Cleese and Robin Skynner, Families and How to Survive Them and Life and How to Survive It. The conversational tone offers an engaging alternative to academic, theological and ecclesiastical writing. By highlighting issues that are t generally discussed, it will be immensely useful to people who might otherwise feel isolated and helpless.
- Author BiographyMatthew Caminer is the author of A Clergy Husband's Survival Guide (SPCK, 2012) and a professional management consultant. Canon Martyn Percy is Dean of Christ Church, Oxford. He was formerly Principal of Ripon College Cuddesdon and Director of the Lincoln Theological Institute for the Study of Religion and Society, and is the author of many books. Beaumont Stevenson is Pastoral Advisor to the Diocese of Oxford and a practising psychotherapist.
- Author(s)Beaumont Stevenson,Martin Percy,Matthew Caminer
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.