Curation: The Power of Selection in a World of Excess by Michael Bhaskar (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.97Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCuration, or the art of selecting useful information to form meaningful collections, is the new buzzword that tech companies and media professionals have eagerly latched on to. But curation is a far more powerful and deeply relevant idea than we give it credit for. It answers the question of how we make sense of a culture in which problems are often about having too much, and shows how we keep growing in a world of excess. Acts of selecting, refining and arranging to add value help us overcome information overload. This book highlights the numerous places in which this simple but forceful skill is increasingly felt: in art and on the Web, but also in retail and manufacturing, high finance and government policy. CURATION is an exciting and wide-ranging work of business-oriented n-fiction incorporating the latest thinking in ecomics, techlogy, business strategy, complexity theory, media and psychology with strong narratives and big ideas. Through powerful personal stories about real jobs, lives, companies and industries fighting to thrive in crowded markets, it reveals how a little-used word from the world of museums became a crucial business strategy for the 21st century. Curation is one of the most gripping and unigrable business ideas for our time, and organisations and individuals who make the most of it will position themselves to grow.
- Author BiographyMichael Bhaskar is a writer, researcher and digital publisher. He is Co-Founder of Canelo, a new publishing company. Michael has written and talked extensively about the future of media, the creative industries and the economics of technology for newspapers, magazines and blogs. He has been featured in and written for The Guardian, the Financial Times, Wired and the Daily Telegraph, and on BBC 2, BBC Radio 4, NPR and Bloomberg TV amongst others. Michael has a degree in English Literature from the University of Oxford where he won the University Gibbs Prize. He has been a British Council Young Creative Entrepreneur and a Frankfurt Book Fair Fellow. He is also author of The Content Machine and co-editor of the forthcoming Oxford Handbook of Publishing. He can be found on Twitter @michaelbhaskar.
- Author(s)Michael Bhaskar
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content NoteB&W diagrams
- Weight610 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.