All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurious George rides many things--a ball, a bicycle, a bus, a helicopter. He even hangs from balloons and kites! But what does Curious George ride when he wants to go home? The little blue car with his friend, the man with the yelllow hat, of course! Margret and H. A. Rey's art is restored beautifully in this board book made for little hands. Children will love reading about George riding around, and they'll take him riding on their own journeys, too.
- Author BiographyHans Augusto Rey was born in Hamburg, Germany in 1898. As a child, he spent much of his free time in that city's famous Hagenbeck Zoo drawing animals. After serving in the army during World War I, he studied philology and natural science at the University of Hamburg. He then married Margret Rey and they moved to Montmartre for four years. The manuscript for the first Curious George books was one of the few items the Reys carried with them on their bicycles when they escaped from Paris in 1940. Eventually, they made their way to the United States, and Curious George was published in 1941. Curious George has been published in many languages, including French, German, Japanese, Afrikaans, and Norwegian. Additional Curious George books followed, as well as such other favorites as CECILY G. AND THE NINE MONKEYS and FIND THE CONSTELLATIONS.
- Author(s)H a Rey
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCurious George
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMariner Books,US
- Out-of-print date08/10/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width175 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.