All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionTimely and topical, Current Legal Issues in Criminal Justice is a collection of in-depth essays on hot-button issues. The contributors--rewned scholars who have taught criminal justice and written extensively on legal issues--approach their material from both legal and sociological perspectives in order to give students a more nuanced understandingof each topic. Short, framing introductions preface each article and put the material in context, and critical-thinking questions follow each chapter. Written in accessible and jargonfree--but t dumbed-down --language, this text investigates such relevant topics as gun control, racial profiling, private prisons, medical marijuana, surveillance techlogy, juvenile waiver laws, inmate litigation, drug testing, the death penalty, sex offender registration, and confessions and interrogations law.
- Author BiographyCraig Hemmens is Chair and Professor of Criminal Justice & Criminology at Washington State University.
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Weight522 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChair and Professor in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology Craig Hemmens
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.