Current Perspectives in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Behavior by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing key topics in each of three major course areas--criminal behaviour, forensic psychology, and psychology and law, this book represents cutting-edge research and theory to demonstrate the ways that psychology has contributed to the understanding of criminal behaviour and policies of the criminal and civil justice systems. The Fourth Edition addresses key topics in each of the five major subareas of the field--police and public safety psychology, legal psychology, the psychology of crime and delinquency, victimology and victim services, and correctional psychology. New to this edition: *31 NEW articles provide cutting-edge research in police, legal and correctional psychology, as well as the psychology of criminal behaviour and victimization. *An introductory section opens the book with two articles that offers a discussion of undergraduate and graduate training in forensic psychology along with a suggested list of core competences for education in the field. *Police and public safety section focuses on current controversies such as false confessions, interrogation tactics, and eyewitness identification. *Concise summaries of current research relating to violence risk assessment, child abduction, and correctional assessment and treatment. *NEW articles specifically relating to juveniles offer discussions around the teenage brain, risk taking, and treatment for juvenile offenders. *An updated victimology section includes topics of great interest to young adults such as hate crimes, intimate partner violence, and dating violence. *References have been moved to the end of each article so that readers can easily locate sources for further research.
- Author BiographyCurt R. Bartol was a college professor for more than 30 years, teaching a wide variety of both undergraduate and graduate courses, including Biopsychology, Criminal Behavior, Juvenile Delinquency, Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Social Psychology, and Psychology and Law. He earned his PhD in personality/social psychology from Northern Illinois University in 1972. He was instrumental in creating and launching Castleton State College's graduate program in forensic psychology and served as its director for 6 years. As a licensed clinical psychologist, he has been a consulting police psychologist to local, municipal, state, and federal law enforcement agencies for over 25 years. In addition to editing Current Perspectives, he has written Introduction to Forensic Psychology (forthcoming in its 4th edition), Criminal Behavior: A Psychosocial Approach (now in its 10th ed.), Juvenile Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior: A Developmental Perspective (3rd ed.), Criminal and Behavioral Profiling, and Psychology and Law (4th ed.). Anne M. Bartol earned an MA and a PhD in criminal justice from State University of New York at Albany. She also holds an MA in journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She taught criminal justice, sociology, and journalism courses over a 20-year college teaching career and has worked as a journalist and a social worker in child and adolescent protective services In addition to editing Current Perspectives, she has co-authored Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Juvenile Delinquency, Psychology and Law, and Criminal Behavior. She has served as book review editor and managing editor of Criminal Justice and Behavior and has published articles on women and criminal justice, rural courts, and the history of forensic psychology.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight576 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnne M. Bartol,Curtis R. Bartol
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.