All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionBioengineering provides a good example of an interdisciplinary subject that involves the merging of the philosophies and techlogies of living systems and engineering. There are many different aspects to bioengineering, one of the most important being that of implantable devices. These are man-made structures that are placed within the body for diagstic, therapeutic or reconstructive purposes, some obvious examples being joint replacements, prosthetic heart valves, indwelling catheters, intraocular lenses and so on. The series is intended for research and graduate scientists in medical engineering - bioengineering, biomaterials science and medical techlogy, to clinicians in orthopaedic, cardiovascular, dentistry/maxillofacial and general surgery, and general readers in the health care industry, the medical device industry in particular. Volume 2 contains contributions in the areas of ligament protheses, heart valves, vascular grafts, the use of collagen as a biomaterial, and a survey of hearing aid devices.
- Author(s)D. F. Williams
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/11/1990
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight720 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.