CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionUsed in top counseling, psychology, and social work programs and w in its tenth edition, CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, International Edition helps readers learn, compare, and apply the major systems of psychotherapy in a way that will be meaningful in their own practices. Each contributor is either an originator or a leading proponent of one of the systems, and presents the basic principles of the system in a clear and straightforward manner, discussing it in the context of the other systems. Theory chapters include a case example that guides readers through the problem, evaluation, treatment, and follow-up process. CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, which accompanies the book, offers corresponding cases that demonstrate the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated.
- Author BiographyDanny Wedding was trained as a clinical psychologist at the University of Hawaii and the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He later worked for two years for the U.S. Congress, first in the Senate and later in the House of Representatives. Danny directed the Missouri Institute of Mental Health (MIMH), a University of Missouri university research and policy center, for 19 years. This time included Fulbright sabbaticals in Thailand and South Korea. Since 2010 Danny has served as Associate Dean for Management and International Programs for the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, where he is directly responsible for the CSPP programs in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Mexico City as well as for the development of new international initiatives. With the assistance of colleagues, Danny has written or edited thirteen books, including CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, BEHAVIOR AND MEDICINE, THE NEUROPSYCHOLOGY HANDBOOK, SCREENING FOR BRAIN IMPAIRMENT, MOVIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS, and POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY AT THE MOVIES. Danny is also the Editor for PsycCRITIQUES: Contemporary Psychology--APA Review of Books. Raymond Corsini's training was diverse. He received a BA and MA at the City College of New York, then did his doctoral training at Syracuse University, Cornell University, University of California, University of Wisconsin (all during the time of his work as a prison psychologist), and finally obtained a Ph.D. at age 41 from the University of Chicago under Carl Rogers. He met and interacted with J.L. Moreno, Fritz Perls, Victor Frankl, and Albert Ellis, among others, but his main teacher was Rudolf Dreikurs, an Adlerian. He had three separate careers: as a prison psychologist for 15 years, then an industrial psychologist for ten years, and finally in private practice of psychotherapy and counseling for 30 years. He taught courses at over a dozen universities and full time at the University of Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology, and the University of California at Berkeley. He has published over 60 books under 43 titles, including four encyclopedias and the most complete dictionary of psychology, and has written or edited 18 books in counseling or psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Danny Wedding,Raymond J. Corsini
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date05/12/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 10th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.