All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionA substantial revision of Curriculum Books: The First Eighty Years, this new volume is a comprehensive presentation of curriculum books that have contributed to theoretical and practical discourse about curriculum throughout the twentieth century. Following an introduction that explains the book's purpose and how it was constructed, the authors present each decade in a chapter that provides contextual reminders about the social, political, and cultural events of the time period, discussion of salient events in curriculum discourse, and a comprehensive bibliography (by year) of curriculum books. More than 3,000 curriculum books are weaved into this presentation. The original and updated conclusions are offered to provide interpretative perspective on curricular trends, state of the field, and possibilities for the future of curriculum studies.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: William H. Schubert is Professor of Education and Coordinator of Graduate Curriculum Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He received his Ph.D. in curriculum studies from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His books include Curriculum: Perspective, Paradigm, and Possibility, Turning Points in Curriculum, Teacher Lore, Reflections from the Heart of Educational Theory, and The American Curriculum, and he has published many articles on curriculum, teaching, students, the arts, and education. Schubert is currently president of the Society of Professors of Education, and past president of the Society for The Study of Curriculum History and the John Dewey Society; he was factotum of Professors of Curriculum and recently concluded a two-year term as vice-president of the American Educational Research Association. Ann Lynn Lopez Schubert has taught at the University of Illinois at Chicago and in the Chicago Public Schools. She received her Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Co-author of Curriculum Books: The First Eighty Years, and co-editor of Conceptions of Curriculum Knowledge, she has published articles and chapters and consulted on curriculum theory, arts education, and progressive education practices. Co-chair of the AERA program for Division B in 1983, she has long been involved in the American Educational Research Association, the John Dewey Society, and the Society for the Study of Curriculum History. As an experienced home educator, Dr. Lopez Schubert has written and presented on that topic. Thomas P. Thomas received his Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from the University of Illinois at Chicago and is currently Associate Professor in the College of Education at Roosevelt University in Chicago. A former high school teacher, principal, and consultant for the Illinois State Board of Education, Thomas's scholarly interests are curriculum history and theory, spirituality and education, and moral education. He has published articles and made conference presentations on educational standards and the history of progressive educational practice. He is currently researching common dimensions of school practice, such as the history of grading, proms, instructional games, and classroom rituals. Wayne M. Carroll is Professor of Education at Lewis-Clark State College and Adjunct Professor of the Graduate Faculty at the University of Idaho. He teaches courses in curriculum, foundations, and action research and directs an alternative teacher certification program. His research interests and publications range from hyper-reality as it affects teaching and learning to domestic schooling and curriculum history. He taught in Chicago suburban secondary schools and was a state curriculum consultant for twenty-five years. He is currently working on a book analyzing curricular patterns in domestic schooling.
- Author(s)Ann Lynn Lopez Schubert,Thomas P. Thomas,William H. Schubert
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number175
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight1010 g
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.