All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThisathird edition of the author's award-winning book about curriculum, content standards, teaching, and testing keeps a solid focus on today's critical issues of accountability and best classroom practices for teaching and learning. Topics covered include written curriculum and hidden curriculum; juggling stakeholder needs; educational planning and public policy; the impact of new techlogies; what we w kw about how learning takes place; classroom discourse and management; traditional, alternative, and high-stakes assessments; and how best to plan and implement professional development and action research to ensure that today's reflective teachers succeed in meeting students' educational needs. The third edition provides an up-to-date picture of the education sub-culture in the context of its interactions with the greater cultures in whichaeducators and studentsareside. This edition also examines the rapidly expanding body of findings of research in the areas of curriculum and learning, assessment, education-related neuroscience, and professional development.
- Author BiographyPearl G. Solomon is professor emerita of teacher education at St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill, New York. She has served as a director and officer for professional organizations and as a consultant to many school districts, the New York State Education Department, and the United States Department of Education. Solomon is the recipient of a number of special awards from the state and community for her work in science, math, health, and career education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPearl Gold Solomon
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.