All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe revised Fifth Edition provides a broad perspective on the basic curriculum questions educators face regarding the purposes, content, design, and structure of educational programs. After examining aims that have been proposed by classical educational thinkers and reviewing the dominant educational debate of the 20th century between traditionalists and progressives, the authors deal with fundamental contemporary issues of curriculum theory and instructional practice. Providing realistic case studies that inspire pre-service teachers to grapple with the issues of curriculum and aims in the context of classroom situations, the new edition features: a new case study on Education and Equity: Closing the Achievement Gap and updated references to important recent ideas in a new section at the end of each chapter called For Further Inquiry. Curriculum and Aims is one of the five books in the highly regarded Teachers College Press Thinking About Education Series , w in its Fifth Edition. All of the books in this series are designed to help pre- and in-service teachers bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Author BiographyDecker F. Walker is Professor of Education at Stanford University and is the author of Fundamentals of Curriculum . Jonas F. Soltis is William Heard Kilpatrick Professor Emeritus of Philosophy and Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. Frances Schoonmaker is Emeritus Professor of Curriculum at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Decker F. Walker,Frances Schoonmaker,Jonas F. Soltis
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThinking About Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.