All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCurriculum-in-the-Making theorizes about the living curriculum as an event that is in the making, for the enacted curriculum is something finished, which, only as an object, can be compared to ather object. A living curriculum, understood as an event-in-the-making, leads to a very different appreciation of just what is happening in a classroom. Events are understood to be in the making so we cant kw the precise nature of what we witness until after completion has been achieved. This book uses lesson fragments to develop a post-constructivist perspective on curriculum that is grounded in a phemelogical approach concerned with understanding the never-ending movement of life. This leads to radically different forms of understanding of curriculum issues such as the subject, ethics, the role of passibility and passivity, the nature of the response, and the learning paradox.
- Author BiographyWolff-Michael Roth is Lansdowne Professor of Applied Cognitive Science in the Faculty of Education at the University of Victoria. He conducts interdisciplinary studies of knowing and learning across the life span, often focusing on language in science and mathematics classrooms.
- Author(s)Wolff-Michael Roth
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCritical Praxis and Curriculum Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteBW, BW
- Weight360 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.