All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionAges 10 years & over. The second volume in the Odyssey of a Slave trilogy continues the retelling of Homer's The Odyssey. Bowman re-imagines the epic tale when he narrates the story, t from the perspective of the Greeks, but through the eyes of a young Trojan boy, Alexi, captured by Odysseus after the fall of Troy. Alexi is forced to accompany the Greeks on their sea journey home to Ithaca, and participates in many of The Odyssey's most iconic adventures, including the encounter with the Keeper of the Winds, the descent into Hades, the fateful visit to the cannibal Laestrygonians, the encounter with Circe, who turns the crew into pigs, the songs of the Sirens, as well as the deadly passage between the monster Scylla and the whirlpool Charybdis. Having earned the respect of his captors for his help in escaping a number of dangers, Alexi loses it all though mischance and is given away to the most brutal soldier on the ship. It will take all of Alexi's skill and determination just to stay alive.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ottawa, Patrick Bowman grew up in Toronto. After writing software for twenty years, he slipped the corporate bonds to become a full-time childrens author. His first book, Torn from Troy, was nominated for a 2012 OLA Red Maple award. The second volume in the trilogy received widespread praise for its accurate accounts of Bronze-Age Greece. He lives in Toronto with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)Patrick Bowman
- PublisherRonsdale Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRonsdale Press
- Weight246 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.