All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionCushing's Disease: An Often Misdiagsed and Not So Rare Disorder reviews the epidemiology of Cushing's, including statistics on the incidence and prevalence of this disease. There are discussions of the signs and symptoms and the most common co-morbidities, such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, osteoporosis, amerrhea, and infertility. Surgical, medical, and radiotherapeutic treatments, including indications, results, risks, and complications, are reviewed. Also featured is a chapter on the patient's perspective, coping with Cushing's, quality of life, and psychosomatic issues. This book is essential reading for the wide range of physicians who treat patients with Cushing's disease symptoms, as well as biomedical researchers who investigate the etiology and mechanisms of rare genetic diseases, in particular rare endocrine disorders.
- Author BiographyEdward R. Laws is currently the Director of the Pituitary/Neuroendocrine Center at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. He was formerly the President of the American College of Surgeons and has served as President of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, President of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Editor of Neurosurgery, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for International Education in Neurosurgery, Director of the American Board of Neurological Surgery, President of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and President of the Pituitary Society. Founder and President, Cushing's Support and Research Foundation
- Author(s)Edward Laws
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight500 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.