All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIt's estimated that up to 14 million British men and women suffer from stress - the number one reason for absenteeism at work. In America, this figure is nearly 50 million. A recent survey suggested that nearly 90% of all visits to GP surgeries in the UK were stress related. Some stress helps your body to prepare for certain challenges, so it's virtually impossible to live without any stress. But too much stress, especially if it's day in, day out, can cause serious physical and emotional problems. Cut Your Stress provides a 12-week programme proven to help you reduce your stress levels and includes answers to frequently asked questions, such as: * What are the main causes of stress? * I feel overwhelmed - how can I manage my time better? * How can I relax after a tough day? * Can stress affect my sleep patterns? * What type of exercise is best for relieving stress? Cut Your Stress demystifies the subject of stress quickly, clearly and concisely. It is packed with accessible information about its causes and effects, as well as expert advice on management techniques such as the removal or alteration of the source of stress. Also covered are: learning to change how you see a stressful event; reducing the effect of stress on your body; and learning alternative ways of coping.
- Author BiographyDr Sarah Brewer qualified from Cambridge University with degrees in Natural Sciences, Medicine and Surgery. After working in general practice and sexual health, she now specializes in health communication and is the author of 50 popular self-help books. Sarah was voted Health Journalist of the Year in 2002 and is also a registered nutritionist.
- Author(s)Dr. Sarah Brewer
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/05/2015
- Content Note30 b&w illus
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine12 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.