All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSee Your Hopes and Fears As Creations of the Mind with This Meditation Practice from TibetWithin the ancient teachings of Tibetan Buddhism lies a meditation tradition for facing and dissolving our greatest fears and attachments in life. Now one of contemporary Tibetan Buddhism's most experienced and respected teachers, Tsultrim Allione, adapts this practice to the challenges unique to our time, on Cutting Through Fear.Based on the traditional Tibetan practice of chod (literally to cut ), this method was developed by the legendary Tibetan yogini Machig Lapdron almost 1,000 years ago, and is practiced to this day in Tibet to treat mental and physical illness and as a path to awareness. Drawing from root visualization practices, Tsultrim Allione shares a four-step process that can help you meet and release what the ancient Tibetans called demons fears and other unhelpful emotions and obsessions. Today we all encounter the demons of addiction, compulsion, anger, and other difficult emotions, too often as a daily event. Now we have a rare and useful tool to stop struggling against them, and instead liberate them, with Cutting Through Fear.
- Author BiographyLama Tsultrim AllioneLama Tsultrim Allione is an author, an internationally known Buddhist teacher, and the founder of Tara Mandala, a mountain retreat center on 700 acres south of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lama Tsultrim was the first American woman to be ordained as a Tibetan nun by His Holiness the 16th Karmapa. At the age of 26, after four years as a nun, she returned her monastic vows, married, and raised three children. Lama Tsultrim earned a Master s degree in Buddhist Studies and Women s Studies from Antioch University. She is the author of Women of Wisdom and Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict which connects the knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism with modern life. This national bestseller is based on Lama Tsultrim s pioneering five-step process that is used to nurture the parts of ourselves which we normally fight against. For many years, Lama Tsultrim has focused on the teachings of Dzog Chen and the lineage of Machig Labdron, the 11th century Tibetan yogini who founded the Chod lineage. Lama Tsultrim s teachings arise from the blessings of her many wonderful Tibetan teachers, her 40 years of practice and dedication to the Buddhist teachings, and her experience as a Western woman and mother.
- Author(s)Lama Tsultrim Allione
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2005
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight113 g
- Width134 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
Save on Audio Books
- AU $30.52Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $96.94
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.45
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.60
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.