Cyanobacteria for Bioremediation of Wastewaters: 2016 by Springer International Publishing AG (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $140.79+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reflects the use of cyabacteria for the bioremediation of wastewater through different mechanisms and pathways of transformation and transfer of hazardous substances from one medium to ather. The application of microorganisms for bioremediation is determined by their ubiquity, small size, high rate of reproduction and large surface-to-volume cell ratio. Mechanisms of interaction of cyabacteria with irganic pollutants include biosorption, bioaccumulation with an opportunity to obtain metal naparticles both on the cell surface and inside the cells as well as chelation and inclusion of metals in the composition of certain organic structures. Data presented in the book provides specialists in the field with useful information for bioremediation techlogies as well as for obtaining valuable preparations using cyabacteria.
- Author BiographyDr. Liliana CEPOI, specialist in Phycobiotechnology, is deputy director of the Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. She has extensive teaching experience as associate professor at the University of the Academy of Sciences, giving following bachelor, master and doctoral level courses: Microbiology, Systematics and Phylogeny, Molecular Phylogeny, Methodology of Knowledge in Biology. Her research interests include: controlled synthesis of bioactive compounds; study of oxidative stress evolution mechanisms in cyanobacteria and microalgae; application of cyanobacteria in environmental bioremediation. Dr. L.Cepoi has co-authored 30 patents in the field of phycobiotechnology. She has received the WIPO Gold Medal Award Best Woman Inventor . Dr. Inga ZINICOVSCAIA, specialist in bionanotechnology, is researcher in the Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research and Institute of Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. Her research interests include: application of neutron activation analysis in biotechnology and environmental studies; synthesis of metal nanoparticles using cyanobacteria and bacteria; application of cyanobacteria and bacteria in wastewater treatment. Dr. I. Zinicovscaia is co-author of 30 publications in international journals and the winner of various scholarships and grants. Scientific area of interests of both authors overlap in biosorption and bioaccumulation of chemical elements by phycological objects. Thematic approach from two points of view-chemical and biological- is a condition for success in their joint research. For work on wastewater bioremediation both authors have been awarded with two Gold Medals on the European Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note42 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight374 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byInga Zinicovscaia,Liliana Cepoi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.