Cybersecurity: Engineering a Secure Information Technology Organization by Ken Sigler, Dan Shoemaker (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.35+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $92.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoftware is essential and pervasive in the modern world, but software acquisition, development, operation, and maintenance can involve substantial risk, allowing attackers to compromise millions of computers every year. This groundbreaking book provides a uniquely comprehensive guide to software security, ranging far beyond secure coding to outline rigorous processes and practices for managing system and software lifecycle operations. The book opens with a comprehensive guide to the software lifecycle, covering all elements, activities, and practices encompassed by the universally accepted ISO/IEEE 12207-2008 standard. The authors then proceed document proven management architecture and process framework models for software assurance, such as ISO 21827 (SSE-CMM), CERT-RMM, the Software Assurance Maturity Model, and NIST 800-53. Within these models, the authors present standards and practices related to key activities such as threat and risk evaluation, assurance cases, and adversarial testing. Ideal for new and experienced cybersecurity professionals alike in both the public and private sectors, this one-of-a-kind book prepares readers to create and manage coherent, practical, cost-effective operations to ensure defect-free systems and software.
- Author BiographyDan Shoemaker is a professor and senior research scientist at the Center for Cyber Security and Intelligence Studies--a National Security Agency (NSA) Center of Academic Excellence--at the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM). He also served as chair of the Computer and Information Systems Department at UDM for 25 years and holds a visiting appointment at London South Bank University. Dr. Shoemaker is co-chair of the Software Assurance Workforce Training and Education working group within the Department of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity Division (NCSD). He has also served the NCSD as a member of the working group that developed its Essential Body of Knowledge, and as an expert panelist on three national working groups. A prolific author, Dr. Shoemaker is one of three domain editors for the Software Assurance Common Body of Knowledge. He lectures internationally on cybersecurity, information assurance, and software engineering topics, and he founded the International Cybersecurity Education Coalition (ICSEC) to connect higher education institutions and expand teaching of standard information assurance curricula throughout the Midwest. Dr. Shoemaker is the recipient of the Michigan Homeland Security annual Statewide award for Educators (2007). Ken Sigler has been a faculty member of the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program at the Auburn Hills, Michigan, campus of Oakland Community College (OCC) since 2001, and he has served as department chair since 2011. His primary research interests include software management, software assurance, and cloud computing, and he developed the college's CIS program option Information Technologies for Homeland Security. As a founding member of the International Cybersecurity Education Coalition (ICSEC), Sigler served as a liaison between the coalition and OCC, and he continues to act as post-secondary liaison to the articulations program with school districts across Oakland County. In this capacity, he developed a 2+2+2 Information Security Education process to shepherd students from information security coursework at the secondary level, through a four-year articulated program, and into careers in information security at a federal agency. Mr. Sigler is a member of IEEE, the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF), and the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
- Author(s)Dan Shoemaker,Ken Sigler
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight624 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.