All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are a number of puzzling mysteries in the history of Earth that have yet to be satisfactorily explained by mainstream science: the extinction of disaurs, the vanishing of ancient Indian tribes, the formation of the mysterious Carolina Bays, the disappearance of mammoths, the sudden ending of the last Ice Age, and the cause of huge underwater landslides that sent massive tsunamis racing across the oceans millennia ago. Eyewitness accounts of these events are chronicled in rich oral traditions handed down through generations of native peoples. The authors' recent scientific discoveries link all these events to a single cause. In The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes , Richard Firestone, Allen West and Simon Warwick-Smith present new scientific evidence about a series of prehistoric cosmic events that explain why the last Ice Age ended so abruptly. Their findings validate the ubiquitous legends and myths of floods, fires, and weather extremes passed down by our ancestors and show how these legendary events relate to each other. Their findings also support the idea that we are entering a thousand-year cycle of increasing danger and possibly a new cycle of extinctions.
- Author BiographyRichard Firestone holds a Ph.D. in nuclear chemistry and has been part of the Isotopes Project at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory since 1979. Allen West, Ph.D., was the owner and CEO of an international scientific consulting company. Simon Warwick-Smith worked as both a field exploration geologist and mining geologist in Australia and now heads Warwick Associates, a book consulting and publicity firm. The authors live in California.
- Author(s)Allen West,Richard Firestone,Simon Warwick-Smith
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Note16pp colour insert and 300 b&w illustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.