All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuidebook to a 5-day cycle tour of the Lake District plus 15 challenging day rides from Keswick, Ambleside, Penrith and bases southwest and southeast of the National Park. Details 2 options each day for the cycle tour, plus a 7-day alternative itinerary. Also outlines other tours including the 112-mile Fred Whitton Challenge, which takes in 7 iconic passes. Step-by-step route descriptions are accompanied by either 1:100,000 or 1:200,000 mapping, together with details on gradient, major climbs and cafes/pubs en route. Also included is a comprehensive 'what to take' checklist plus other practical information such as preparing your bike, packing for a cycle tour, fuelling your ride and more. This comprehensive guidebook also details accommodation options and useful contacts plus information on the district's geology, landscape, plants and wildlife. With its picturesque lakes, lush green dales and high passes, the Lake District offers some of the most scenic and challenging cycling in Britain. Whether touring or day tripping, England's largest National Park will leave you (literally and metaphorically) breathless.
- Author BiographyRichard Barrett spent his working life as a professional marketer, but still found time for climbing, winter mountaineering and sea kayaking. These days he lives in North Harris where he fills an active pre-retirement with writing and photography.
- Author(s)Richard Barrett
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note76 photos 39 maps 50 route profiles
- Weight230 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.