All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe text of the unique adaptation premiered at the Royal National Theatre in 1995. This new version of Edmond Rostand's classic play Cyra de Bergerac is set in thirties India, where Cyra pursues his love for Roxanne in an Asian setting.
- Author BiographyEdmond Rostand (1868-1918) was a playwright born out of his time. In a period when naturalism was the order of the day Rostand's plays seemed to hark back to a more romantic, chivalric period. His plays proved popular with the French public bolstered by a number of roles specifically created for the great Parisian actress Sarah Bernhardt. Born in Manchester in 1959, Ranjit Bolt was educated at Perse School and at Balliol College, Oxford. He worked as an investment analyst and advisor for eight years, before concentrating on theatre translation from the end of 1990. Ranjit Bolt's acclaimed translations for the theatre, many of which are published by Oberon Books, include works by Moliere, Seneca, Sophocles, Corneille, Beaumarchais, Brecht, Goldoni and Zorilla.
- Author(s)Edmond Rostand
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbsolute Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight195 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byJatinda Verma
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.