Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionCytochrome P450 (CYP) is a super family of phase I enzyme in the biotransformation of xebiotics and medications. Most medications undergo deactivation by CYP, and then are eliminated through either bile or kidneys from the body. CYP isozymes play a crucial role in drug interactions that may result in enhanced toxicity, reduced efficacy or onset of adverse reactions. On the other hand, many agents affecting CYP expression and activity may alter metabolic rate of different medications co-administrated. Therefore, the molecular basis, regulation by inducers or inhibitors, and pharmacologic reaction of specific CYP isozymes are the key issues of biochemical mechanisms, pharmaceutical development and safe use of various medications. This book is to meet the needs from basic molecular biochemists, pharmacologists, pharmacists, medical students, clinical practitioners and scientists, as well as broad readers who wish to understand how an herbal extract, medication or natural supplement is metabolized or transformed in the liver or other sites for deactivation and elimination. Special focuses are paid to herbal extracts and medications in the treatment of neuro-psychiatric or cardiovascular disorders, diabetes and viral hepatitis. Detailed dissection of drug interactions in a particular field intends to provide rationales for useful guidance of safe drug use in daily practice. The contributing authors are basic scientists, pharmacists, pharmacologists and on-service physicians in cardiovascular, neuro-psychiatric, gastroenterologic and hepatologic fields from Europe (Germany, France, Portugal), Australia, the US and China. Thus, the book is the collection of master pieces by well-kwn experts from various regions of the world, and represents the current understanding of CYP enzyme reaction and a contemporary coverage of possible drug interactions in involved fields. The featured chapters are scientific elucidation of basic biochemistry, pharmacology and clinical investigations in the interest of drug metabolism, interaction and safe use guidance in the single focus of this microsomal enzyme with multi-facet metabolic function.
- Author(s)K. M. Gupta,Nishu Gupta
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJian Wu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.