All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionCytochromes P450 (CYPs) comprise a large superfamily of proteins that are of central importance in the detoxification or activation of a tremendous number of natural and synthetic hydrophobic xebiotics, including many therapeutic drugs, chemical carcigens and environmental pollutants. CYPs are important in mediating interactions between an organism and its chemical environment and in the regulation of physiological processes. Cytochrome P450 Protocols, Third Edition focuses on high-throughput methods for the simultaneous analysis of multiple CYPs, substrates or ligands. Although the emphasis is on CYPs of mammalian origin, it reflects an increasing interest in CYPs of bacterial species. Also included are chapters on cytochrome P450 reductase (the redox partner of CYPs) and the flavin-containing mooxygenases (FMOs), and metabolomic and lipidomic approaches for identification of endogeus substrates of CYPs ('de-orphanizing' CYP substrates). Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Cytochrome P450 Protocols, Third Edition provides a wide range of techniques accessible to researchers in fields as diverse as biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, toxicology, environmental biology and genetics.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number987
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight819 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byElizabeth A. Shephard,Ian R. Phillips,Paul R.Ortiz de Montellano
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.