All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique encyclopedia provides detailed entries for everything you ever wanted to kw about D-Day, the invasion of Normandy. Organized alphabetically, the entries give detailed descriptions of weapons, equipment, divisions, air and naval units, geography, termilogy, personalities, and more. Every Allied division that crossed the English Channel on June 6, 1944 has its own listing as do the major Axis divisions that fought them. Brief biographies of major military and political leaders on both sides provide a handy who's who of the campaign. The book also includes entries for related popular culture: GI slang, the best movies about D-Day, and major writers such as Stephen Ambrose and Cornelius Ryan. Cross-references make the book easy to use. With hundreds of entries, The D-Day Encyclopedia is an indispensable reference tool for history buffs and great browsing for readers who want to kw more about World War II.
- Author BiographyBarrett Tillman is the author of Whirlwind in addition to more than 40 books and 550 articles. He is a familiar television commentator with over a dozen credits on The History Channel and National Geographic Channel. The Wall Street Journa hailed him as a master story teller, and Pulitzer Prize winner Stephen Hunter called Whirlwind a miracle of military history. Tillman's work has been cited in dozens of history books and has been used as course work by the Air Force, the Navy, and Marine Corps. Barrett Tillman lives in Arizona with his wife Sally.
- Author(s)Barrett Tillman
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWorld War II Collection
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementAnniversary edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.