Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.66
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $42.42
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $49.73
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $17.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhile travel literature, particularly the Italian travel literature of D. H. Lawrence - Twilight in Italy (1916), Sea and Sardinia (1921), and Etruscan Places (1927; 1932) - has received a great deal of attention in recent years, body has examined this work from a Bakhtinian viewpoint. This approach allows us a unique perspective as well as a new appreciation of both Lawrence and Mikhail Bakhtin. This is also true with respect to translation studies where the reader will find Lawrence's work on Giovanni Verga presented in a new and suggestive fashion. In short, this book provides new insights into D. H. Lawrence's relationship to the Italian Other (as well as charts the permutations within himself). This book makes a valuable contribution to our understanding of two of the greatest literary figures of the twentieth century, D. H. Lawrence and Mikhail Bakhtin.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Antonio Traficante is Assistant Professor of English at Concordia University College of Alberta and MacEwan College in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. He received his Ph.D. in English Literature from York University in Toronto, Canada. He has read papers at several conferences on D. H. Lawrence and Mikhail Bakhtin. Articles on Lawrence and Bakhtin will also appear in 2007 in both a major journal and in a book as part of a study examining the relationship between globalization and literature.
- Author(s)Antonio Traficante
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.