All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on D. H. Lawrence's concept of essential criticism, which was introduced in his posthumously published Study of Thomas Hardy and his statement that every work of art adheres to some system of morality. But it must contain the essential criticism on the morality to which it adheres, this book examines the ways in which Lawrence presents his ideas in his major vels The Rainbow and Women in Love. It explores how this concept plays a crucial role in his fiction as an other to the implied author's messages: functioning differently, as equivocation and creative strife, respectively, in The Rainbow and Women in Love, the concept helps to make these vels more dynamic that commonly realized.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Doo-Sun Ryu is Associate Professor at Seoul National University in Seoul, Korea. He received his Ph.D. in English from New York University.
- Author(s)Doo-Sun Ryu
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.