CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Martyn Lloyd-Jones, physician, preacher and Christian Leader, died in 1981, after more then 40 years in London, few knew the remarkable story of his formative earlier years which, in the authorised biography, is w told for the first time. From his rural Welsh background to St Bartholomew's Hospital (where at the age of 23 he was Chief Clinical Assistant to Sir Thomas Horder, the King's Physician), then, suddenly at 27, to a struggling Calvinistic Methodist Church in Aberavon, South Wales, he appears successively as schoolboy, dairyman's assistant, political enthusiast, debater, doctor, and finally Christian preacher.
Some regarded his change of career as romantic, others as foolish. The one thing of which Dr Lloyd-Jones was sure was that his settlement amid the industrial depression of South Wales was sacrifice: 'I gave up thing. I received everything. I count it the highest hour God can confer on any man to call to be herald of the gospel'.
- Author(s)Iain H Murray
- PublisherBanner of Truth
- Date of Publication01/06/1990
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBanner of Truth
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Weight1837 g
- Width145 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine86 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.