All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Marsha M. Linehan--the developer of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)--this comprehensive resource provides vital tools for implementing DBT skills training. The reproducible teaching tes, handouts, and worksheets used for over two decades by hundreds of thousands of practitioners have been significantly revised and expanded to reflect important research and clinical advances. The book gives complete instructions for orienting clients to DBT, plus teaching tes for the full range of mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance skills. Handouts and worksheets are t included in the book; purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print all the handouts and worksheets discussed, as well as the teaching tes. The companion volume is available separately: DBT(R)Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets, Second Edition. New to This Edition *Handouts and worksheets (available online and in the companion volume) have been completely revised and dozens more added--more than 225 in all. *Each module has been expanded with additional skills. *Multiple alternative worksheets to tailor treatment to each client. *More extensive reproducible teaching tes (provided in the book and online), with numerous clinical examples. *Curricula for running skills training groups of different durations and with specific populations, such as adolescents and clients with substance use problems. *Linehan provides a concise overview of How to Use This Book. See also DBT(R) Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets, Second Edition, a spiral-bound 8 1/2 x 11 volume containing all of the handouts and worksheets and featuring brief introductions to each module written expressly for clients. Plus, Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder, the authoritative presentation of DBT. Also available: Linehan's instructive skills training videos for clients--Crisis Survival Skills: Part One, Crisis Survival Skills: Part Two, From Suffering to Freedom, This One Moment, and Opposite Action.
- Author BiographyMarsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, the developer of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), is Professor of Psychology and of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Director of the Behavioral Research and Therapy Clinics at the University of Washington. Her primary research interest is in the development and evaluation of evidence-based treatments for populations with high suicide risk and multiple, severe mental disorders. Dr. Linehan's contributions to suicide research and clinical psychology research have been recognized with numerous awards, including the 2016 Career/Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies. She is also a recipient of the Gold Medal Award for Life Achievement in the Application of Psychology from the American Psychological Foundation and the James McKeen Cattell Award from the Association for Psychological Science. In her honor, the American Association of Suicidology created the Marsha Linehan Award for Outstanding Research in the Treatment of Suicidal Behavior. She is a Zen master and teaches mindfulness and contemplative practices via workshops and retreats for health care providers.
- Author(s)Marsha M. Linehan
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1236 g
- Width266 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.