All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverything you need to kw about building your own hydroponic garden system! Complete instruction with detailed pictures on how to build 4 different types of hydroponic systems. If you are new to hydroponics, we recommend starting with the small ebb and flow system. It is easy to build and works well both indoors or outdoors. Once you have the feel of adjusting the flood cycle, controlling the ph level you may the feel prepared for a larger MPT Tray System, NFT System or a Top Feeding System. The plans in the DIY Hydroponics Systems Builders Guide will provide you with all the information needed to build your own systems. In most cases, once you obtain the tools and materials necessary you simply follow the detailed pictures to assemble the systems. Most of the required materials can be purchased at your local home builder supply store such as Home Depot or Lowe's. You can also purchase parts and supplies online through hydroponics and garden suppliers for which we have provided a list. When using this manual, it is t necessary to follow each step and measurements precisely. Use these instructions as a guide. Be creative and flexible, adjust the plans to create your own custom system. For example, you may find a container that you believe would make a good reservoir or growing tray, but the size is t exactly the same as in the plans. Simply adjust the PVC pipes used to hold the tray to fit your container. Once you understand the basic principles, you should be able to modify and create many variations of the systems in this guide. If you get stuck or have any questions, please email me using the contact form on my website: diyhydroponics.com Good luck and have fun!
- Author BiographyJohn P. Hennessy began his quest for the ultimate garden some years ago. It all came about due to some physical limitations which prevented him from working a conventional soil garden. He wanted the rewards and joy of gardening without all the back breaking work. He wanted a system that anyone could use to grow lush healthy produce regardless of age, skill, space, or physical limitations. His initial goal was to develop a small system capable of supplying enough fresh produce to sustain a family of four year round. In his pursuit John spent thousands of dollars and untold hours buying, building, planting, testing and re-testing every kind of plant in multiple types of systems. He knew the ultimate gardening system would have to be affordable, compact, expandable, fully automated, modular, efficient, and one that preformed well for all type plants. Hydroponics seemed to be the answer! He read every Hydroponic books and articles he could get his hands on. Devoured case studies done by universities and research companies, studying various systems, comparing their different strengths and weaknesses. John flew to Florida to see the research being done at The Land Epcot Center for Hydroponic Research. He interviewed commercial growers, distributors, hydroponic experts and innovators from all over the country. After about a year of study and research he bought some systems from the big hydroponic retailers. He also began to build and test many of His own systems. He experimented with drip, ebb flow, aeroponic, NFT, and wick systems. John grew everything from 6' high stacks of strawberries to 8' high corn stalks in five gallon buckets. Some of the systems were a success and some were total failures. Three years later he found that most all of the systems were lacking in what he felt was the basic criteria for the ultimate system. Many times John thought of give up the whole idea, he experienced much frustration as he found himself spending more and more time, energy and money. However, he continued building, testing and growing. He had become obsessed with hydroponic gardening! Diy Hydroponics Systems Builders Guide provides the reader with the knowledge, experience and short cuts John gained in His search for the ultimate garden. The guide is a great tool that will save you headaches, time, money and will allow you to do more of what you really love. Growing, harvesting and enjoying the abundant bounty!
- Author(s)John P Hennessy
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.