All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you interested in using Project Based Learning to revamp your lessons, but aren't sure how to get started? In DIY Project Based Learning in ELA and History, award-winning teacher and Edutopia blogger Heather Wolpert-Gawron makes it fun and easy! Project Based Learning encourages students and teachers alike to abandon their dusty textbooks, and instead embrace a form of curriculum design focused on student engagement, invation, and creative problem-solving. A leading name in this field, Heather Wolpert-Gawron shares some of her most popular units for ELA and Social Studies in this exciting new collection. This book is an essential resource for teachers looking to: * Create their own Project Based Learning units. * Engage student in their education by grounding lessons in real-world problems and encouraging them to develop creative solutions. * Incorporate role-playing into everyday learning. * Develop real-world lessons to get students to understand the life-long relevance of what they are learning. * Assess multiple skills and subject areas in an integrated way. * Collaborate with teachers across subject areas. * Test authentic skills and set authentic goals for their students to grow as individuals. Part I of the book features six full units, complete with student samples, targeted rubrics, a checklist to keep students on track, and even Homework Hints. Part II is a mix-and-match section of tools you can use to create your own PBL-aligned lessons. The tools are available as eResources on our website, http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138891623, so you can print and use them in your classroom immediately.
- Author BiographyHeather Wolpert-Gawron is an award-winning middle school teacher and a popular blogger through Tweenteacher.com and Edutopia.org. She has authored two other books with Routledge Eye On Education.
- Author(s)Heather Wolpert-Gawron
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.