All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDNA Methylation and Complex Human Disease reviews the possibilities of methyl-group-based epigenetic biomarkers of major diseases, tailored epigenetic therapies, and the future uses of high-throughput methylome techlogies. This volume includes many pertinent advances in disease-bearing research, including obesity, type II diabetes, schizophrenia, and autoimmunity. DNA methylation is also discussed as a plasma and serum test for n-invasive screening, diagstic and progstic tests, as compared to biopsy-driven gene expression analysis, factors which have led to the use of DNA methylation as a potential tool for determining cancer risk, and diagsis between benign and malignant disease. Therapies are at the heart of this volume and the possibilities of DNA demethylation. In cancer, unlike genetic mutations, DNA methylation and histone modifications are reversible and thus have shown great potential in the race for effective treatments. In addition, the authors present the importance of high-throughput methylome analysis, t only in cancer, but also in n-neoplastic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Author BiographyProfessor Neidhart is a senior scientist at the Center of Experimental Rheumatology, Centre for Clinical Research, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Michel Neidhart
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleTranslational Epigenetics
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySteffen Gay
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.