All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDNS Security: Defending the Domain Name System provides tactics on how to protect a Domain Name System (DNS) framework by exploring common DNS vulnerabilities, studying different attack vectors, and providing necessary information for securing DNS infrastructure. The book is a timely reference as DNS is an integral part of the Internet that is involved in almost every attack against a network. The book focuses entirely on the security aspects of DNS, covering common attacks against DNS servers and the protocol itself, as well as ways to use DNS to turn the tables on the attackers and stop an incident before it even starts.
- Author BiographyAllan Liska is a Consulting Systems Engineer at FireEye Inc. and an accidental security expert. While Allan has always been good at breaking things, he got his start professionally working as a customer service representative at GEnie Online Services (a long defunct early competitor to AOL), where he would spend his off hours figuring out how users had gain unauthorized access to the system, booting them off, and letting the developers know what needed to be patched. Unknowingly, this was leading him down the path of becoming a security professional. Since then he has work at companies like UUNET, Symantec, and iSIGHT Partners helping companies better secure their networks. He has also worked at Boeing trying to break into those company networks. In addition to his time spent on both sides of the security divide Allan has written extensively on security including The Practice of Network Security and Building an Intelligence-Led Security Program. He was also a contributing author to Apache Administrator's Handbook. Geoffrey Stowe lives in San Francisco and is an Engineering Lead at Palantir Technologies. His network security work has included vulnerability research, reverse engineering, incident response, and anomaly detection. There was a time when he could translate byte code to assembly without looking at a manual. Geoff started Palantir's commercial business in 2010 and built its first platforms for distributed, large scale data analysis. He graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in computer science.
- Author(s)Allan Liska,Geoffrey Stowe
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.