Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionAn experimental vel on a grand scale, beautifully carried through. A Perth minister takes in a traumatised stranger who calls himself 'the son and heir to being lost'. When the stranger disappears, the events leading up to and following on from this are revealed. Shifting perspectives from a contemporary mystery to a history of Shetland and emigration, it extends the idea of Scottish empire and diaspora imaginatively, while addressing tions of being and belonging in 21st century Scotland.
- Author BiographyRobert Alan Jamieson was born in 1958 into the crofting community of Sandness on Shetland. Since graduating from the University of Edinburgh he has held the William Soutar Fellowship, co-edited the Edinburgh Review and tutored creative writing at Glasgow and Strathclyde Universities. His work appears in many anthologies, he has published a poetry collection (Shoormal) and three novels (Soor Hearts, Thin Wealth and A Day at the Office). In 2005 A Day at the Office was featured in The List's '100 Best Scottish Books of All Time'. He is currently teaching a Creative Writing course at Edinburgh University.
- Author(s)Robert Alan Jamieson
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.