All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kind of artists put a mustache on the Mona Lisa? Enter a urinal in an art competition? Declare their own independent republic? Hijack a ship? Dadas! And what happens in such a movement? With Dada, many of the artists declared their own Pope and continued their journey (with destination) into Surrealism, creating burning giraffes, amoebic dogs, and lobster telephones - some of the most imaginative and intense works of art of the 20th Century. In DADA & SURREALISM FOR BEGINNERS, you'll get a colorful overview of these two movements, and develop a sense of the turbulent, wild, and unapologetically mad mood and tone of the Dada and Surrealist movements. Whether you're an artist, would-be artist, or someone seeking the marvelous, you'll find the courage and originality of the movements inspiring, and you'll gain an understanding of their long-term (and current) influences on contemporary art and culture - everything from performance art to pop art to the abandoned train ticket you find in the street.
- Author BiographyPeter Bethanis is an artist, essayist, and poet whose work has appeared widely in literary journals, including Poetry, Lullwater Review, and Tar River Poetry. Elsa Bethanis is a writer and former editor whose work has also appeared in a number of literary journals. They reside in Indianapolis with their daughter Katie.
- Author(s)Elsa Bethanis,Peter Bethanis
- PublisherFor Beginners
- Date of Publication21/08/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleFor Beginners
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintFor Beginners
- Weight0 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joseph Lee
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.